嗨,戴夫,好久不见!
Dave: Hi Maria.I was in the neighborhood,so I thought I’d drop by.
嗨,玛丽亚,我就住在附近,所以我想最好是来顺便看看你。
Maria: Come on in .Take a seat.Would you like anything to drink? I have Sprite or orange juice.
快进来,请坐。想喝点什么?雪碧还是果汁?
Dave: Sprite would be fine.Uh so, how have you been?
喝雪碧行了。哦,最近怎么样?
Maria: Oh, not bad,And you?
还可以,你呢?
Dave: Oh, I’m doing okay but school has been really hectic, these days ,and I haven’t had time to relax
也不错。只是这些天学校比较忙乱,抽不出些时间放松一下。
Maria: By the way, what’s your major anyway?
顺便问一下,你的专业是什么?
Dave: Hotel management.
酒店管理。
Maria: Well ,what do you want to do once you graduate?
那么,毕业后想干什么?
Dave: Uh... I haven’t decided for sure,but I think I’d like to work for a hotel or travel agency in this area,How about you?
嗯—我还没决定,但我想去酒店或旅行社工作,你呢?
Maria: Well, when I first started college,I wanted to major in French ,but I realized I might have a hard time finding a job using the language.
我刚刚上大学的时候,我想专修法语,但我知道以后很难找到派上用场的工作,
so I changed majors to computer science,
所以我就转到计算机专业。
With the right skills ,landing a job in computer industry shouldn’t be as difficult.
有了适当的技能,在计算机行业找份工作我想不会太困难。
Dave: So, do you have a part-time job to support yourself through school?
你做过兼职来资助自己完成学业吗?
Maria: Well ,fortunately for me ,I received a four-year academic schoolarship that pays for all of my tuition and books.
哦,我还算幸运,获得了一个四年学术奖学金,它们足够支付我的学费和书费了。
Dave: Wow,That’s great.
噢,真是太好了。
Maria: Yeah..How about you? Are you working your way through school?
是啊!你呢?你一直打工赚钱读书吗?
Dave: Yeah,I work three times a week at a restaurant near campus.
我每周在学校附近的餐馆里工作三天。
Maria: Oh, What do you do there?
你在那做什么?
Dave: I’m a cook.
我是个厨师。
Maria: How do you like your job?
你喜欢你的工作吗?
Dave: It’s okay .The other workers are friendly,and the pay isn’t bad.
很好,同事都很友好,薪水也不低。