职场社交英语 Lesson 21:你真是心狠手辣
SCENE③ C 吉娜去她老板的隔间看他
【你真是心狠手辣】
Zina: No, Vince, not next week. Now. You need to 1) guarantee me 5 percent.
吉娜: 不,文斯,下星期不成。我要你现在就保证我能拿百分之五。
Vince: But you just said 4 percent!
文斯: 但你才刚说过百分之四的!
Zina: If the next word out of your mouth isn’t "Yes" it’s going up to 6 percent.
吉娜: 若是下一个从你嘴中冒出来的字不是“好”,就会涨到百分之六了。
Vince: Yes! OK, yes. Stop it! You are just 2) ruthless.
文斯: 好!好就好吧。别再来了。你真是心狠手辣。
Zina: That’s why you love me. One other thing. Did you leave me a note this morning on a green post-it?
吉娜: 所以你才爱我啊。还有件事。你今天有留张绿色便利贴在我桌上吗?
Vince: I don’t think so. Mine are yellow. Why?
文斯: 我想没有吧。我的是黄色的。怎么?
Zina: 3) Never mind. I’m looking for somebody who uses green.
吉娜: 别放在心上。我在找用绿色的人。
语言详解
A: Can you guarantee me that I will like this product?
你能跟我保证我会喜欢这个产品吗?
B: Oh, yes. Otherwise we will give you back your money.
能。否则我们就会退还你的钱。
【I don’t think so. 我想没有吧】
这个句型是柔性的"No",潇洒地否定对方刚提到的事或说过的话。
A: Is there anything else you want to tell me about?
还有其他什么事要告诉我的吗?
B: I don’t think so.
我想没有吧。
A: It looks like rain.
好像下雨了。
B: I don’t think so.
我想没有吧。
1)guarantee (v.) 保证
2) ruthless (a.) 冷血无情的
3) Never mind. 别在意,别放在心上