简爱:我以为你已经走了。
Rochester: I changed my mind .Or all the langram family changed theirs .Why are you crying?
罗切斯特:我改变主意了,或者说是布兰奇改变了主意,你怎么哭了。
Jane: I was thinking about having to leave Thornfield.
简爱:我想到要离开桑菲尔德了。
Rochester: You’ve become quite attached to that foolish little Adele,haven’t you ?To that simple old Fairfax.You’ll be sorry to part with them.
罗切斯特:因为你越来越离不开阿玳尔那个小傻瓜了,是吗?还是那个头脑单纯的费尔法克斯夫人呢?你是因为要离开她们而伤心。
Jane: Yes,sir!
简爱:是的,先生!
Rochester: It’s always the way in this life .No sooner have you got settled in a pleasant resting place and you are summoned to move on.
罗切斯特:人生就是这样,当你刚刚习惯了这种环境时你却要走了。
Jane: I told you, sir ,I shall be ready when the order comes.
简爱:我告诉过你,先生,我将时刻准备着您的吩咐。
Rochester: Come now!
罗切斯特:现在就有吩咐。
Jane: Then it’s ...it’s settled?
简爱:那么,这……这已经决定了吗?
Rochester: All settled! Even about your future situation.
罗切斯德:一切都定下来了,你将来的位置也定下来了!
Jane: You’ve found a place for me?
简爱:你替我找好地方了?
Rochester: Yes,Jane,I have ...and er...West of lreland .You’ll like lreland ,I think .There are such warm-hearted people there.
罗切斯特:是的,简,我已经……并且,嗯……在西爱尔兰,我想,你会喜欢那儿的,那里的人听说都很亲切。
Jane: I’m .It’s a long way off.sir.
简爱:那儿很远,先生。
Rochester: From what ,Jane?
罗切特斯:离哪儿很远?简。
Jane: From England ...and from thornfield .
简爱:离英格兰……离桑菲尔德。
Rochester: Well.
罗切斯特:噢……
Jane: And from you .sir.
简爱:并且离你很远,先生。
Rochester:Yes,Jane,it’s a long way .Where you get there I shall probably friends ,Jane,haven’t we?
罗切斯特:是的,简,很长的一段路。一旦你去了那儿,也许我将永远见不到你了,我们已经是好朋友了,对吧。
Jane: Yes, sir.
简爱:是的,先生。
Rochester: Even good friends may be forced to part.
罗切斯特:即使是好朋友也会分手的。
Let’s make the most of what time is left us.Let us sit here in peace.
还是好好利用一下我们在一起的时间吧,在这静静地坐一会吧。
Even though we should be destined never to sit here again .
这可能是最后一次坐在这儿了。
Sometimes I have a queer feeling with regard to you.Jane.
我有时候对你有一种奇妙的感觉,简。
Especially when you’ve near me as now.
特别是当你在我身边的时候。
It’s as if I had a string somewhere under my left rib.
好象在我左肋的什么地方有根弦,
Tightly and inextricably knotted to similar string situated in a corresponding corner of your little frame.
跟你那小小的躯体里的同样一根弦紧紧地连在一起了。
And if we should have to be parted .that cord of community will be snapped .
如果不得不分开的话,这根弦就会被绷断。
Kind of an nervous notion I should take to bleeding inwardly As for you .you will forget me.
我有个奇怪的感觉……我的血会从体内流出来,至于你,你会永远忘记我的。
Jane: That I never will ,sir.You know that.I see the necessity of going but it’s like...looking on the necessity of death.
简爱:我永远都不会那样的,先生。这你知道,我明白必须得走,但这就象……看到了必死的下场一样。
Rochester: Where do you see that necessity?
罗切斯特:你从哪儿看到了这是一种必然?
Jane: In your bride.
简爱:从你的新娘那儿。
Rochester: What bride? I have no bride.
罗切斯特:什么新娘?我没有新娘。
Jane: but you will have!
简爱:但你很快就会有!
Rochester: Yes,I will ,I will.
罗切斯特:是的,我会有的,会有的。
Jane: Do you think I could stay here becoming nothing to you ? You think because I’m poor and obscure and plain that I’m souless and heartless?
简爱:你以为我会留下来,做一个对你来说无足轻重的人吗?你以为我穷、低微、不漂亮,就没有灵魂没有心灵吗?
I have as much soul as you and fully as much heart.
我和你一样有灵魂,有一颗完整的心!
And if God had gifted me with wealth and beauty I should have made it as hard for you to leave me as it is now for me to leave you.
如果说上帝也赋予我财富和美貌,我也会让你难以离开我,就象我现在难以离开你一样。
There ,I’ve spoken my heart now let me go.
好了,我已经说出了我的心声,现在就让我走吧。
Rochester: Jane ,Jane...you strange is almost unearthly thing.You that I love as my own flesh.
罗切斯特:简,简……你真是个很奇妙的人,简直不像人世间的生灵,我爱你就象自己身上的血肉。
Jane: Don...
简爱:别说了……
Rochester: I’m over with Blanche .It’s you I want.Answer me Jane,quickly Say:
罗切斯特:我和布兰奇之间已经完了,你才是我想要的,回答我,简,快。说
Edward,I’ll marry you.Say it ,Jane Say it !
爱德华,我想嫁给你!说!简,说。
Jane: I want to read your face!
简爱:我想看清你的脸!
Rochester: Read quickly .Say"Edward,I’ll marry you."
罗切斯特:快说呀,快说:“爱德华,我愿意,嫁给你。”
Jane: Edward ,I’ll marry you.
简爱:爱德华,我愿意嫁给你。
Rochester: God pardon me.
罗切斯特:上帝宽恕我吧!