1. Stop playing the fool. / Don’t act stupid. 别装傻了。
A: Honey, would you please put the dishes in the dishwasher?
亲爱的,你能把碗碟放进洗碗机里吗?
B: I don’t know how to run it.
我不知道怎么操作。
A: Stop playing the fool!
别装傻了!
2. Who do you think you are?
你以为你是谁啊?(毫不客气地说)
A: You shouldn’t talk to your children that way.
你不该这么跟你的孩子们说话。
B: Who do you think you are? Mind your own business.
你以为你是谁啊?管好自己的事吧。
3. Any complaints? / Do you have something to say?
你有何不满?/你有什么话要说吗?
A: Can I see the work schedule for next week?
我能看看下星期的日程表吗?
B: Here it is. Do you have something to say?
这就是。你有什么要说吗?
4. That’s more like it. 这才像话。(像个长者在说)
A: Don’t talk to your brother that way!
别跟你哥哥那么说话!
B: I’m sorry I insulted you, Jimmy.
对不起,我侮辱了你,吉米。
A: That’s more like it.
那这像话。
5. Do it yourself, then. 既然如此,你自己来吧。
A: That’s not the way I wanted it done.
这可不是我想要的方式。
B: Do it yourself, then.
那你自己来呗。